- Darkness, dimness or obscurity.
- the gloom of a forest, or of midnight
- A melancholy, depressing or despondent atmosphere.
- Cloudiness or heaviness of mind; melancholy; aspect of sorrow; low spirits; dullness.
- A drying oven used in gunpowder manufacture.
- To be dark or gloomy.
- to look or feel sad, sullen or despondent.
- To render gloomy or dark; to obscure; to darken.
- To fill with gloom; to make sad, dismal, or sullen.
- To shine or appear obscurely or imperfectly; to glimmer.
The above text is a snippet from Wiktionary: gloom
and as such is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.