- Sated, having had one's fill; satisfied, weary.
- Steadfast, valiant.
- Dignified, serious, grave.
- Of colours: dark, deep; later, sombre, dull.
- Feeling sorrow; sorrowful, mournful.
- Appearing sorrowful.
- Causing sorrow; lamentable.
- Poor in quality, bad; shameful, deplorable; later, regrettable, poor.
- Unfashionable; socially inadequate or undesirable.
- Soggy (to refer to pastries).
The above text is a snippet from Wiktionary: sad
and as such is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.