- To say
- Don't you utter another word!
- To use the voice
- Sally uttered a sigh of relief.
- The dog uttered a growling bark.
- To make speech sounds which may or may not have an actual language involved
- Sally is uttering some fairly strange things in her illness.
- To make (a noise)
- Sally's car uttered a hideous shriek when she applied the brakes.
- To put counterfeit money etc. into circulation
- Outer; furthest out, most remote.
- Absolute, unconditional, total, complete.
- utter ruin; utter darkness
The above text is a snippet from Wiktionary: utter
and as such is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.