- Account; estimation; regard; heed.
- Speech; language.
- A speech; a statement; talk; conversation; discourse.
- A count; declaration.
- Numbering; enumeration; reckoning; account; count.
- A number of things considered as an aggregate; sum.
- A report of any matter; a relation; a version.
- An account of an asserted fact or circumstance; a rumour; a report, especially an idle or malicious story; a piece of gossip or slander; a lie.
- A rehearsal of what has occurred; narrative; discourse; statement; history; story.
- A number told or counted off; a reckoning by count; an enumeration.
- The fraudulent opportunity presented by a confidence man to the mark (sense 3.3) of a confidence game.
Noun (etymology 2)
The above text is a snippet from Wiktionary: tale
and as such is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.