- An ; a book, periodical, journal, report, comic book, yearbook, etc., which is published serially once a year, which may or may not be in addition to regular weekly or monthly publication.
- ''I read the magazine, but I usually don't purchase the annuals.
- An ; a plant with a life span of just one growing season; a plant which naturally germinates, flowers and dies in one year. Compare , .
- I can't wait to plant my annuals in the spring.
- Happening once every year.
- Of, for, or relating to a whole year, often as a recurring cycle; determined or reckoned by the year; accumulating in the course of a year; performed, executed, or completed over the course of a year. See also .
- Having a life cycle that is completed in only one growing season; e.g. beans, corn, marigold. See '''' in Wikipedia. Compare , .
- Living or lasting just one season or year, as certain insects or insect colonies.
The above text is a snippet from Wiktionary: annual
and as such is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.